- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
Hudson Hall was temporary student housing developed to accommodate Oregon State’s rapid
post-war enrollment of veterans. It consisted of housing units that has served as worker
housing at the Vancouver shipyards during WWII. The units were brought to the Oregon State
campus in 1946 and 1947. Hudson Hall was demolished in 1953 after fire badly damaged part of
the structure. It was located approximately where Reed and Heckart Lodges stand today.
Hudson Hall had wings named for people (most were associated with Oregon State):
Dolan Hall – named for engineering faculty member and football coach Sam Dolan
Beard Hall – named for longtime band director Harry L. Beard
Stiner Hall – named for longtime football coach Lon Stiner
McNary Hall – named for Oregon Senator Charles L. McNary. Not to be confused with the current McNary Hall dormitory.
Finley Hall – named for William A. Finley, OSU’s first president (1865-1872). Not to be confused with the current Finley Hall dormitory.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501