Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Google Maps

Completed in 1960 and dedicated in 1962, this building was originally known as the Physics-Chemistry Building. It was named for Willibald Weniger in 1966, the same year that a sixth floor was added. Weniger came to Oregon Agricultural College in 1908 from the University of Wisconsin to organize and head the physics department. Weniger invented a translucent blackboard and a typewriter attachment for typing Greek letters and mathematical symbols.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming