- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
Student photo by James Flatt, March 2019
Originally called the Physics Building and completed in 1928, this structure was later named for Grant Adelbert Covell, first dean for the School of Engineering. The school formed in 1908, but the foundation of engineering goes back to the 1880's when mathematics professors incorporated concepts of engineering as part of their teaching. Covell was appointed to the first professorship exclusively devoted to Engineering.
|Address||1691 SW Campus Way|
|Architect||Bennes & Herzog|
Previously: Physics Department; Currently: Engineering
|Previous Name(s)||Physics Building (1928-?)|
Grant Adelbert Covell, first dean for the School of Engineering
|Historic District||Yes; Historic Contributing Building|
|Blueprints||Facilities Services Records 1888-2003, Series III Building Specifications and Reports, 1909-2003, Box 89|
Oregon Digital: A large collection of historic photographs, periodicals, and other materials pertaining to Covell Hall.
SCARC: The Special Collections and Archives Research Center holds several boxes pertaining to Covell Hall, including: two photograph collections, the College of Engineering records, and two manuscript and personal papers collections, including the Memorabilia Collection box 26.9.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501