Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Google Maps

Magruder Hall, home to OSU's Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine, was built in 1979. In 2004, the Small Animal Hospital Addition was completed, which added a two story hospital wing. College of Veterinary Medicine, which in addition to educating future veterinarians, also provides assistance to current practitioners, animal owners and the public through a diagnostic laboratory, a teaching hospital and extension programs. It also features a 30,000 square-foot small-animal hospital. This building is named for state representative Richard B. Magruder, who was instrumental with getting the college established and securing the funding for the building.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming