Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Information Forthcoming

General Information

Address 2101 SW Campus Way
Architect Unknown
Year Built 1980
Renovations Unknown
Square Footage 49,906
Purpose/Usage Laboratories and classrooms

Previous Name(s) N/A
Namesake E. C. Gilbert, who started as a professor at Oregon Agricultural College (now OSU) in 1917 and was chairman of the chemistry department from 1940 to 1956

Historic District Yes; Non-Historic Contributing Building 
Blueprints Unknown

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994


Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Oregon Digital: Contains periodicals regarding the construction and programs within the Gilbert Hall Addition.


*See Gilbert Hall for more