Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Orange Media Network 

The initial wave tank was constructed in 1972 and was not enclosed. Additions were made in 1990, and additional upgrades in 2003 allowed researchers to study tsunamis. Today the O.H. Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory at OSU is the largest tsunami and storm wave research facility in the United States and among the top 10 in the world. It honors the vision and generosity of donor O. Howard Hinsdale, who was the president of the Umpqua National Bank of Reedsport, Oregon.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming