Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

OSU Department of Chemical, Biological, and Environmental Engineering

Built in 1955, this building was originally known as the Chemical Engineering Building. George W. Gleeson was a faculty member for the engineering department for 40 years, serving as the head of the chemical engineering department and dean of engineering from 1944 to 1970. Gleeson received three degrees from Oregon State University.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming