Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

This building was originally constructed in 1954 by the Oregon Board of Forestry and was named the Oregon Forest Research Center. Oregon State’s Forest Products Lab relocated here in 1957. In 1961 the building and research functions were transferred to the Board of Higher Education. With the opening of Richardson Hall in 1999, the College of Forestry relocated faculty and many lab functions to the new location. The office spaces have since been occupied by facilities services while lab spaces have provided locations for other research programs.