Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Oregon Digital

This house was built sometime in the first decade of the 20th century, and was named for
Experiment Station director (and later governor) James Withycombe. In 1916 the house was
purchased from the Withycombe family by OAC, and it became the college’s first Home
Management House that year. The house was located at 2014 Monroe Street, just to the west of
what is now Graf Hall. It was demolished in 1966.

3,895 sq ft