Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Wilkinson Hall and Auditorium were dedicated in April 1974. They were named for William Donald Wilkinson, longtime geology faculty member at OSU and chair of the department from 1960 to 1968. In 1992 the auditorium was renamed for Francois A. Gilfillan, an alumnus (class of 1918), professor of chemistry (1927 to 1939) and dean of science (1939 to 1962). Gilfillan also filled in as acting president of Oregon State College from 1941 to 1942.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming