- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
Student photo by Lydia Parker, April 2019
The Center for the Humanities Autzen House, dedicated in 1993, provides office space for fellows and meeting rooms for working groups, and also serves as a public venue for lectures, readings, seminars, and art displays. The building for the Center of Humanities was purchased by Oregon State with help from the Autzen Foundation.
|Address||811 SW Jefferson Ave|
|Purpose/Usage||Center for the Humanities
|Namesake||Thomas John Autzen (1888-1958), OSU Alumnus and philanthropist. The Autzen Foundation helped fund OSU's Center for the Humanities.
The Center for the Humanities Records: The Center for the Humanities Records document the formation, functioning and activities of both the Oregon State University Center for the Humanities as well as the Humanities Development Program that preceded it. Box 4 pertains entirely to Autzen House's proposal, funding, dedication, maintenance and management from 1988-1994.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501