Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Department of Microbiology

The John L. Fryer Aquatic Animal Health Laboratory (formerly Salmon Disease Laboratory) is a regional fish disease facility dedicated to the study of organisms infectious for salmonids and other species of freshwater fish.  The laboratory is named for Dr. John L. Fryer, who pioneered the fish disease research program at Oregon State University.  Research at the facility is conducted by investigators across campus on a variety of aquatic species. The AAHL was constructed through a grant from the Bonneville Power Administration and is supported by the Department of Microbiology, the College of Agricultural Sciences, and the College of Science.  The 9,000 square foot facility provides both wet and dry laboratories.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

 

Further Archival Information

Map