Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Google Maps

Built in 1917 as the Forestry Building, many of the trees in the large grove to the south are remnants of tree nursery that was planted soon after completion. The building now houses the School of Writing, Literature, and Film. In 1973, the building was named for W. W. Moreland, a faculty member in the 1860s and 1870s who is credited with urging the state legislature to designate Corvallis College as the state's land grant institution under the Morrill Act.

General History

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming