- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
Constructed in 1927 as the OSU Poultry Science Building, it provided expanded classroom space for the College of Veterinary Medicine. Prior to this structure, the college had worked out of a 1910s small frame building used for instructional and Experiment Station work. The animal husbandry department was established in 1907. James Dryden, a prominent poultry breeder and recently elected member of the Poultry Hall of Fame, was an early head of the Department of Poultry Science.
|Address||450 SW 30th St|
|Architect||Bennes & Herzog|
Previously: Animal Husbandry, Poultry Science
|Previous Name(s)||Poultry Science Building (1927-?) Built as OSU Poultry Science building, somewhere the name changed to Poultry-Veterinary Building before being called Dryden|
James Dryden, member of the Poultry Hall of Fame, head of the Department of Poultry Science
|Historic District||Yes; Historic Contributing Building|
SCARC: The Special Collections and Archives Research Center contains photographs, oral histories, personal papers and manuscripts, as well as the Poultry Science program records, all pertaining to the Poultry Science program, housed in Dryden Hall.
Oregon Digital: Contains a few historic photographs of Dryden Hall, as well as periodicals pertaining to the building itself.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501