Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Photo by Lydia Parker, May 2019

This building was called the Physical Plant Expansion when it became part of OSU in 1984. It was dedicated in 1989 in memory of Richard Alton Adams, director of physical plant and facilities planning and construction 1947 to 1972. It currently houses parking and university relations and marketing.

 

 

General Information

Address 606 SW 15th St, Corvallis, OR 97333
Architect Unknown
Year Built Unknown (Purchased 1984)
Renovations Unknown
Square Footage 11,168
Purpose/Usage Parking, University Relations, Marketing

Previous Name(s) Physical Plant Expansion/Physical Plant Office (1984-1989)
Namesake Richard Alton Adams, director of Physical Plant and facilities planning and construction (1947-1972)

Historic District No
Blueprints Unknown
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

N/A

 

 

 

 

Further Archival Information

Memorabilia Collection 24.16: Includes only an invitation to the dedication of Adams Hall, February 28, 1989.

Map