Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Hennebery Eddy Architects

Strand Agricultural Hall is a sprawling building sitting between the two campus quads. This Italian Renaissance style building is actually comprised of three buildings built in 1909, 1911 and 1913 - totaling 115,991 square feet. The wings on the north and south sides are each three stories, while the center building, designed by Portland architect John Bennes, is four stories, originally with a fifth floor penthouse. It was named in 1983 for August L. Strand, OSU's president from 1942 to 1961. The top floor still contains President Strand's library table and chair.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

 

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming