Skip to Main Content

OSU Buildings Histories in the Special Collections and Archives Research Center

Building History

A color image of Oxford House


The building that stands at 957 SW Jefferson was originally occupied by members of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity (1920-1967); sometime between 1966 and 1967, the group moved to 410 NW 26th Avenue. Members of The Pines women's co-op - established in the 1930s, and referred to as the "first girls' co-op" - moved from their residence at 27 Park Terrace and into the former fraternity house shortly thereafter. They subsequently reformed as the Oxford House co-operative. Located on a block shared with three other co-operative living groups (Avery Lodge, Dixon Lodge, and Azalea House), Oxford House would operate as a co-op until their closure by University Housing and Dining Services (UHDS) in 2014. The building now serves as the administrative home for University Housing and Dining Services (UHDS).

General Information


957 SW Jefferson Avenue


Original unknown

Year Built



1966 (Dukehart & Kinne, Architects)

Square Footage



Student housing co-operative

Previous Name(s)

Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity


Wroth Oxford, whose estate helped purchase the building

Historic District



Facilities Services Records, 1888-2010


Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994


Beaver Yearbook Photographs, 1938-2005

News and Communication Services Photograph Collection, 1949-1999

Further Archival Information

SCARC: The Special Collections and Archives Research Center's holdings include personal papers, university records, and photograph collections documenting the history of Oxford House.

Oregon Digital: Includes both photographic and textual materials documenting Oxford House.