Skip to Main Content

OSU Buildings Histories in the Special Collections and Archives Research Center

Building History

A 1969 image of the Radiation Center.

 

This building is home of the OSU TRIGA reactor and the School of Nuclear Science and Engineering. It was built in 1964, but the reactor didn't begin operations until 1967.

General Information

Address

SW Jefferson Way, Corvallis, OR 97333

Architect

Bear, McNeil, Schneider, Bloodworth, & Hawes

Year Built

1964

Renovations

Reroofed in 1995, Safety equipment upgraded in 1999

Square Footage

Unknown, potentially contained within blueprints

Purpose/Usage Houses Nuclear Science and Engineering department, lab space, and reactor

Previous Name(s)

N/A

Namesake N/A

Historic District

No

Blueprints

Facilities Services Records 1888-2010

Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

SCARC: A search for "radiation center" returns results in multiple collections, including the Radiation Center Records

Oregon Digital: Contains images and documents relating to the Radiation Center and research conducted there.

Map