- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
This building was constructed in 1912 and originally known as the Farm Mechanics Building and then the Agricultural Engineering Building. It was heavily damaged by fire in 1938, and expanded in 1939. Portland architect John Bennes designed the original building and the 1939 expansion. William J. Gilmore was the head of the farm mechanics department from 1915 to 1945.
|Address||124 SW 26th St|
|Architect||Bennes & Hendricks|
|Previous Name(s)||Farm Mechanics Building (1912-1939), Agricultural Engineering Buildings (????-????)|
William J. Gilmore was the head of the farm mechanics department from 1915 to 1945
|Historic District||Yes; Historic Contributing Building|
SCARC: The Special Collections and Archives Research Center contains a few photograph collections, personal papers and manuscripts, as well as the Bioresource Engineering Department records, all pertaining to Gilmore Hall. Of note is Memorabilia Box 27.4, which contains the Farm Mechanics building proposal along with floor plans.
Oregon Digital: Contains many historic photographs of Gilmore Hall, both inside and out, as well as periodicals pertaining to the building itself.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501