Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Sackett Hall was built as a women's dormitory and finished in 1948. It was built to help alleviate a severe student housing shortage on campus due to the post World War II enrollment surge. It is divided into four quadrants with two wings per quadrant. It was dedicated to Beatrice Walton Sackett, a member of the Oregon State Board of Higher Education and alumni, in the spring of 1950.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming