Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Oregon Live 

Hawley Hall houses approximately 270 residents on five floors, and is part of the residence hall quad on the west side of campus. Hawley is connected to Buxton Hall. The Engineering Living-Learning Community is housed in Buxton and Hawley Halls, and is open to all pre-engineering majors. The building is named for Curtis L. Hawley who was a regent from 1909 to 1924. The building is the second on campus to carry his name- a wing of Weatherford Hall was also named Hawley for a while. 

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming