Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Gazette Times

The 1920s Tudor Revival house on the corner of NW Jackson Street and Arnold Way may be small, but hosts many cultural events. The former Asian & Pacific Cultural Center, now named the Einerson House, was renovated in 2018 to house the Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center (CMLC), a learning center dedicated to community building, education, mentoring and more.
 

General Information

Address 2638 NW Jackson Street
Architect Unknown
Year Built 1920s; Purchased in 1967
Renovations 2018
Square Footage 3,179
Purpose/Usage Currently: Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center; Previously: Asian & Pacific Cultural Center

Previous Name(s) Asian & Pacific Cultural Center
Namesake Joseph Nicoli Einerson and Marie Mathilda Einerson- Corvallis residents who lived at this house (1937-1967) and owned a wholesale candy and tobacco store in Corvallis called Einerson’s

Historic District No
Blueprints Unknown
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Reviving the Einerson House: From an article written September 26th, 2018, describing the change which took place as the Asian and Pacific Cultural Center moved out of the Einerson House, and the Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center moved in.

Map