Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Blogspot, Trobairitz, 2012

This is one of architect John Bennes’ earliest designs for OSU's campus. Its core portion was constructed in 1913 for the School of Domestic Science, which later became known the School of Home Economics, and significant additions to the building were added in 1920 and 1952. The Home Economics Building was rededicated as Milam Hall in 1976 to honor the contributions of Ava B. Milam, who was a leading feminist of the era and Dean of the School of Home Economics from 1917 to 1950.

 

MC 29.8

 

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming