Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

OSU Student Health

In 1936, the student health service building was constructed. It still houses student health services. It was one of only two major campus structures completed during the 15-year period from 1930 until the end of World War II. It was constructed as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project. The building was expanded in 1961 to include a 42-bed infirmary, and was named for Erna Plageman at some point in the following two decades. Erna Plageman served as the assistant director for the health service from 1950 to 1964.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming