- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
OAC established an athletic field in 1913 on what is now the site of the Dixon Recreation
Center. The field was used for football and track. In 1921, it was named Bell Field in honor of
Rev. John R.N. Bell, who had served on the college’s board of trustees and board of regents.
Bell was also an avid football fan. The facility was used for football until 1953, when Parker
Stadium opened. At that time the grandstands were demolished. Bell Field continued to be
used for track and field competition until 1974, when Patrick Wayne Valley Field opened. The
various phases of the Dixon Recreation Center were completed on the Bell Field site between
1976 and 2004.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501