Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

College of Chemical, Biological, and Environmental Engineering 

Johnson Hall, the $40 million home of the School of Chemical, Biological, and Environmental Engineering, was dedicated in September 2016. It houses a 125-seat lecture hall, state-of-the-art research and teaching laboratories, and a center focused on improving recruitment and retention of engineering students. The building is named for longtime College of Engineering supporters Peter and Rosalie Johnson. Pete Johnson, a 1955 chemical engineering alumnus, revolutionized battery manufacturing equipment with his patented invention for making battery separator envelopes.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming