Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

 

Oregon Digital 

This residence was likely constructed in the 1890s and was owned by Grant Covell, OSU’s first
dean of Engineering. In 1926 OAC purchased it to serve as an additional home management
house and nursery school and named it Covell House. It was located at the corner of 20 th and
Monroe Streets, and was demolished in the late 1930s for the construction of the new
Chemistry Building (now Gilbert Hall).