Skip to Main Content

OSU Buildings Histories in the Special Collections and Archives Research Center

Building History

A postcard of Peavy Lodge with the text "Oregon State University's Peavy Arboretum Lodge"The building now known as Peavy Lodge was built in the late 1940s by the Oregon State Department of Forestry. The site was used as a Civilian Conservation Corps camp, and is home to an arboretum. The land underneath the building was donated to the OSU College of Forestry, who eventually handed management of the building over to the University itself. The building was named after George W. Peavy, a former dean of the College of Forestry. Peavy Lodge was operated by the Memorial Union until 2007 and rented out for parties, business events, and weddings. Today, the College of Forestry manages and rents the space.

General Information


8392 NW Peavy Arboretum Rd, Corvallis, OR 97330


Remodeling: Jiro Yodogawa and Matthew Thompson

Year Built

Late 1940s, acquired by OSU in 1970



Square Footage


Purpose/Usage Events space

Previous Name(s)


Namesake George W. Peavy

Historic District



Oregon State University Memorabilia Collection, ca. 1860-present, Box-folder 128.16


Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994


Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Oregon State University Memorabilia Collection, ca. 1860-present, Box-folder 128.16


Further Archival Information

Oregon Digital: A search for "Peavy Lodge" returns text results related to the Lodge and events held there.

SCARC: A search for "Peavy Lodge" returns results in multiple collections, notably the Memorabilia Collection.