Skip to Main Content

OSU Buildings Histories in the Special Collections and Archives Research Center

Building History

A color image of Parker Stadium, now known as Reser Stadium.


Largely driven by the fundraising efforts and monetary contributions of Charles T. Parker - a Portland businessman and 1908 OSU alum - construction on Parker Stadium began in 1952. At its construction it seated 28,000. The first game in the new stadium was played on November 14, 1953 - Homecoming - against Washington State. The stadium was renovated in 1958, 1965, and 1967, bringing its maximum capacity to 40,500; subsequent additions, namely the Valley Football Center, reduced seating capacity to 35,362 in 1990.

The stadium was known as Parker Stadium until 1999; when the stadium was renamed for Pat and Al Reser (both Class of 1960), the area to the east of the stadium was named Parker Plaza.

General Information


660 SW 26th St, Corvallis, OR 97331


Moffat, Nichol, and Taylor, Engineers

Year Built



1958, 1965, 1966 1967, 1968, 1969, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994

Square Footage

28,000 seating capacity (at construction); 45,674 (maximum seating capacity)


Athletics field (Football)

Previous Name(s)

Bell Field


Charles T. Parker

Historic District



Facilities Services Records, 1888-2010


Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994


Robert W. Henderson Photographic Slides Collection, 1936-1998

Football Photograph Collection, 1894-2000

Harriet's Photograph Collection, circa 1868-1980;

Further Information

SCARC: The Special Collections and Archives Research Center's holdings include audio-visual material, personal papers, university records, and photograph collections documenting the history of Parker Stadium.

Oregon Digital: Includes both photographic and textual materials documenting Parker Stadium.