Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Google Maps

John Bennes and Harry Herzog designed this building, constructed in 1926 as the women’s gymnasium and totaling 87,486 square feet in its two-stories and full basement. It is considered one of his grandest structures on campus. It features a 30-foot by 70-foot swimming pool, lounge and assembly room with a large fireplace, dance studio and library in original condition. It is made from brick manufactured in Monroe, Oregon. The Women's Building houses the college of Public Health and Human Sciences.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming