Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

LinkedIn, Virgil Guthrie

Built in 1924 exclusively for the College of Pharmacy, its second floor originally included a model drug store. Prior to the completion of this building, pharmacy was housed in Alpha Hall, a building that used to be on the land where Gilkey Hall now sits. Pharmacy can trace its beginnings to 1898 when chemistry and pharmacy were a single department. In 1966, an addition was completed, nearly doubling the size of the building and allowing for additional research programs and a new curriculum.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming