Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Wikimedia Commons

The CH2M HILL Alumni Center is a 40,000-square-foot meeting and conference facility comprised of the Cascade Ballroom, multiple breakout rooms and a lobby. It is adjacent to the LaSells Stewart Center, and together they form the university’s major event and conference space. It is also home to the OSU Alumni Association. The initial donation for the privately funded facility came from CH2M HILL, an engineering firm created in 1946 by three Oregon State College graduates and their professor (Cornell, Howland, Hayes & Merryfield = CH2M). The center opened in 1997.

General Information

Address 725 SW 26th St
Architect Unknown
Year Built 1997
Renovations Unknown
Square Footage 45,663
Purpose/Usage Alumni Association, Conference Space, Ballroom

Previous Name(s) N/A
Namesake CH2M HILL= Engineering firm created by alumni Cornell, Howland, Hayes, & Merryfield

Historic District No
Blueprints Unknown
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Photographs  

University Archives Photographic Collection, 1970-2007

Further Archival Information

Oregon Digital: Contains mostly articles with stories about CH2M Hill and the events that have occured there over the years.

SCARC: The Special Collections and Archives Research Center has collected a large variety of sources over the years that contain the history of CH2M Hill. Of note are the Memorabilia Collection, box 26.7, and the Oral Histories Collection.

 

 

Map