Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

The Merritt Truax Indoor Practice Center was built in 2001 and houses an indoor football field. Used primarily by the football team, this $12 million facility is also utilized by nearly all of Oregon State’s other intercollegiate athletic programs. It is also home to pregame functions, awards banquets and other events. The center recognizes donor Merritt Truax (’34), a member of the Chi Phi fraternity and founder of the Merritt Truax Oil Company.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming