Skip to Main Content

OSU Buildings Histories in the Special Collections and Archives Research Center

Building History

A color image of Wilson Hall.


Built in 1964, Wilson Hall was built in conjunction with Callahan Hall and, together, the two dorms house approximately 750 students. Built with a budget of approximately $2.6 million, Wilson Hall is named after E.E. Wilson, a prominent alumnus of Oregon Agricultural College. He graduated in 1889 with a B.S. and later went on to earn a law degree from the University of Oregon. He returned to Corvallis to practice law and served as city and district attorney on several occasions, as well as on the Memorial Union Board and the Board of Regents. He also served on the Oregon Game Commission for several years, serving as the chairman of the Commission for 10 years. 


1351 SW Adams Ave


Bear, McNeil, Schneider, Bloodworth, & Hawes

Year Built



Roof replacement, beginning in 2019

Square Footage

73,205 sq ft


Undergraduate dormitory

Previous Name(s)

Dormitory #7


Eddy Elbridge Wilson - 1889 OAC graduate and lawyer, banker, and member of the State Game Commission. He also served on the Board of Regents and on the Memorial Union Board.

Historic District



Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Boxes 146 & 147


Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994


Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

SCARC: Mention of Wilson Hall can be found in the Oregon State University Memorabilia Collection, Box 31. In addition, information on Wilson Hall's namesake can be found in the E.E. Wilson Papers.

Oregon Digital: A search for "Wilson Hall" brings up several images of the dormitory, as well as news coverage of events and happenings in the dorm by several OSU student newspapers.