Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Wikipedia 

This building opened in 1963 as Kerr Library, named for OAC president William Jasper Kerr, who served from 1907 to 1932. In 1996, it was expanded and renamed the Valley Library for Wayne and Gladys Valley and their Valley Foundation. The building houses 1.4 million volumes, study rooms, collaborative study spaces, and the Ava Helen and Linus Pauling Papers. The library is open 24 hours a day, five days a week, and offers services including a coffee shop, child care, Student Multimedia Services and OSU Press.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming