- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
Originally built in 1921 as Margaret Snell Hall, a women's dorm, it became Extension Hall around 1958, and later Ballard Extension Hall. Frank L. Ballard (’16) graduated with a bachelor of science degree in agriculture from Oregon Agricultural College (now OSU). He served as the vice director of the Extension Service until he was appointed the president of Oregon State College (now OSU). After a short term as president, Ballard returned to the Extension Service, eventually becoming the Extension Service head from 1945 to 1961.
|Address||2591 SW Campus Way|
|Purpose/Usage||Currently: Extension Service Administration; Applied Economics- Previously: Women's Dormitory
|Previous Name(s)||Margaret Snell Hall (1921-1958); Extension Hall (1958)|
|Namesake||Frank Llewellyn Ballard, President of Oregon State College (1940), Head of Extention Service (1945-1961)
|Historic District||Yes; Historic Contributing Building|
Memorabilia Collection: Box 25.5 contains an invitation and program to the dedication ceremony of Ballard Extension Hall.
Oregon Digital: Contains many historic photographs of Ballard Extension Hall (Margaret Snell Hall, Extension Hall) as well as periodicals and catalogs pertaining to the building.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501