Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

School of Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering

Engineering expanded rapidly in the 20th century and Rogers Hall opened in 1967 to help address the need. This building is the administrative home for mechanical, industrial and manufacturing engineering. It also houses research labs, classrooms and student workshops. It is named after Harry Rogers, who was appointed professor of hydraulic engineering at Oregon State in 1920 and became the second dean of Engineering in 1927. He served as dean until 1933.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming