Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Andersen Construction

This $62.5 million, 105,000-square-foot facility houses the Linus Pauling Institute and chemists from the College of Science. It also contains classroom and laboratory space for students and researchers studying chemistry, biology, and life sciences. It celebrated its grand opening in October 2011, the cornerstone facility initiative of the billion-dollar Campaign for OSU. Construction was made possible by generous support from the Wayne and Gladys Valley Foundation and the family of Al and Pat Reser, along with gifts from 2,600 donors and a matching bond from the State of Oregon. The facility was built to meet LEED Silver requirements and includes the extensive utilization of natural light, heat recovery and some solar equipment.

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming