Skip to main content

OSU Buildings Histories

Building History

Photo by Lydia Parker, March 2019

 

Richardson Hall opened in 1999 and houses several departments in the College of Forestry. The building includes faculty offices, research labs, and a GIS classroom/laboratory. It is named for Kaye Richardson, an Oregon forester, who made the largest gift of property OSU has ever received. Initially valued at $13 million, the Richardson timber land sold for $24 million in the early 1990s. In addition to Richardson Hall, the gift funded three endowed faculty positions in the College of Forestry. MC 26.19

General Information

Address  
Architect  
Year Built  
Renovations  
Square Footage  
Purpose/Usage

Previous Name(s)  
Namesake

Historic District  
Blueprints  
Maps

Facilities Services Records, 1888-2003. Series XX:  Campus, Farm, and Property Maps, 1899-1990. Campus and Farm Maps: 3-A

Oregon State University Campus Maps, 1894-1994

Photographs  

Oregon State University Historical Photographs, 1868-1980

Further Archival Information

Information Forthcoming

Map

Information Forthcoming