- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
This module will demonstrate how to add items to your Zotero library on a mobile device, such as an iPad or iPhone, using the Zotero Bookmarklet tool. View the step-by-step screenshots below to learn how to add install and use the Zotero Bookmarklet.
1. Go to the Zotero Bookmarklet site.
2. Save the bookmarklet to your device's bookmarks.
3. After you have saved the bookmarklet (you can choose to rename the bookmark if you choose), return to the Zotero bookmarklet page and copy the code provided (see below).
4. Return to the list of bookmarks on your device and choose edit.
5. Paste the code that you copied earlier into the URL space.
6. Next, open up the web version of your Zotero library in another tab (make sure to login to your account). Then do a database (or catalog, etc...) search in another tab. Finally, click on the Zotero bookmarklet bookmark to select sources from your database search to add to your Zotero library.
7. Select the sources you would like to add to your Zotero library.
8. The sources from your search will be saved in your main My Library collection. To move them to another collection, first click on the "date modified" header to sort the items by date added or modified.
9. Next, select the items that you would like to move to a different collection. Then click on the add to a collection button to copy these items to a new collection.
10. From here, you can look at the metadata for any of the items you have placed in your collection, as well as open PDFs if any were available for saving.
Note: Zotero bookmarklet is in alpha testing right now, so don't be surprised if it doesn't always work. For example, it doesn't currently work with all databases. Also, the Zotero bookmarklet can be added to other browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc...) and can be used from a desktop computer as well.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501