- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
1. To use a different source to cite your idea, click on the citation you want to change, then choose the Add/Edit Citation icon. Next, select the new source that you want to cite this idea. If you want to add another source to this citation, choose “multiple sources” then use the green arrow to add additional sources to this citation. Your changes will also now be reflected in your bibliography.
2. If the type of edit you want to make is due to an error you have found in the citation, it is wisest to make this change in your Zotero library. This way the correction will remain in place for any future papers you may write that use these sources. Simply go to your Zotero library, and change the incorrect field.
3. To make a change in your library go into effect, click the “refresh” icon. Your bibliography will also be updated.
4. To make edits to your bibliography, use the edit bibliography icon.
The most common reasons I am aware of to make changes to a bibliography are to italicize scientific names and to insert sub or super scripts.
5. Select the reference you would like to edit, then use the rich text editing tools to make your changes. You may also add additional references to your bibliography this way if you wish. You may also simply make the edits within Word; however, any edits you make within Word won't show up in your Zotero library (i.e. Zotero talks to Word, but Word doesn't talk to Zotero).
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501