To avoid scheduling problems, please read the information below before requesting a room in the Graduate Student Commons.
The Graduate Student Commons will assign reservations based on availability, usage, and preference, following these guidelines:
- Rooms may only be reserved by current graduate students or faculty/staff holding an event or meeting for graduate students.
- Students may make a reservation up to 30 days in advance.
- Reservations are limited to three hours, unless during non-peak times or on weekends or holidays.
- Students may reserve a room for the same time and day of the week for up to 4 weeks at a time, after which they can make a new reservation request.
If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call the Graduate Student Commons at 541-737-1693 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the Rooms
- The person who reserves the room is responsible for the equipment, furniture, and physical space during the time that the room has been scheduled.
- Please do not use the rooms longer than your allotted time.
- Rooms in the Graduate Student Commons and the Valley Library may be reserved for university business only; see policy at osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/building-space-use.
- You must show your OSU ID card when you check out the room key from the Circulation Desk.
- The person who checks out the key is responsible for its return. Please do not hand keys over to people who might be using the room immediately after you. It is a bit inconvenient, but the key needs to be checked in after each use.
Leaving the Room
- For the classroom, quit all programs and applications and log out, but please do not turn off or shut down the computer station.
- Turn off all projection equipment or monitors and lights.
- Return all furniture to the original configuration.
- Close and lock all doors.
- Report any technology problems when returning the key.