Want to interact with goats IRL, or watch their shenanigans and antics from the comfort of your own home? Read on below for just a few of the local - or local-ish - opportunities!
Here in Oregon:
- Goats on campus:
- Per their club page, the OSU Goat Club is "dedicated to celebrating all things goat, from fiber and milk to the goats themselves and the people who work with them." Find out more on the OSU Goat Club website.
- Benton County 4-H Club:
- The motto of 4-H is "To make the best better," and Benton County 4-H achieves that mission by serving "over 3,000 youth annually through community clubs, school programs and summer activities." See their annual calendar to get a general idea of their schedule, and their Upcoming Events page for more detailed information on specific events.
- Goat Yoga and Goat...Happy Hours?
- Maybe you've heard of Goat Yoga? No Regrets Farm in Bellfountain, Oregon is home to the original Goat Yoga, and the goats who started it all in 2016 are still there ready to serve as cuddly, four-legged yoga partners. Prefer not to pretend to do yoga while you cuddle with goats? Join a goat happy hour this holiday season! All happy hour sessions include a tour of the farm.
- Portland Goat Parties:
- Portland Goat Parties brings the goat in a big way, offering baby goat therapy, private farm visits, and baby goat yoga. Or bring the goats to you - their baby goats regularly kid around at weddings, baby showers, bachelorette parties, and birthday parties!
- Gifting made great with goats!
- The Local Harvest online database makes it easy to find locally-sourced goats' milk and other goat products, from cheese and soap, to clothing and accessories. Over 50 farms and farmers' markets within a 50-mile radius of Corvallis keep goats and sell their products.
- All Goats, all day:
- Enjoy the day-to-day antics of the goats at the Syman Says Goat Farm near Salem, Connecticut on the farm's Goat Cam. Need some baby goat snuggles in your life? If you're ever in the neighborhood, Syman Says offers spring-time snuggles with their baby goats from April to June ($20 / 1 hour session).
Do you know any local goats? Take a photo and tag it with the hashtag #ValleyLibGOAT!