- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
An essential component of Professional Science Master’s is an internship or cooperative educational experience with a natural resource agency, business, non-governmental organization, or research institute that is directly related to your area of study. In order to complete this requirement, you will write a 10-15 page project plan, keep a project journal, and write a project paper (literature review, white paper, or similar), an outreach product, and a final internship evaluation before your final defense. This guide provides resources for the writing portions of this internship requirement that will challenge you to read appropriate peer-reviewed articles and other literature, synthesize and apply what you learn to the internship project you have chosen, and properly present and cite scientific evidence.
Review the full internship requirements here:
* Evaluate your sources. Don't assume everything you find is true, accurate or timely.
* Keep track of the sources you find so you can document them accurately in your papers.
* If you don't get results using one approach, try another. Do not assume that nothing exists on the topic.
* Not everything is in the computer.
* Ask for help from a librarian if you get stuck or confused.
* Don't put all of your research off until the last possible moment. It won't be much fun.
If you have questions about library services for Ecampus and remote users or need help getting started using the library, please contact:
Online Learning Librarian
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501