Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Corvallis Area Community Organizing Resources

This guide provides community resources, non-profit information, contact and schedule information.

Introduction to Philanthropy & Nonprofit Governance

  • The Center for High Impact Philanthropy - Housed at The University of Pennsylvania, the Center for High Impact Philanthropy (CHIP) is the only university-based center with a singular focus on enabling philanthropy to achieve greater social impact. CHIP provides rigorous, balanced, and actionable guidance to funders worldwide. Download the High Impact Giving Guide here; Contact CHIP by phone at 215-573-7266 or by e-mail at
  • GuideStar - Hosts profiles on more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized tax-exempt organizations and many faith-based organizations not required to register with the IRS. GuideStar provides digitized data from millions of IRS Forms 990. Registration is free. To contact GuideStar, please visit their website.
  • National Center for Charitable Statistics - The mission of NCCS is to develop and disseminate high quality data on nonprofit organizations and their activities for use in research on the relationships between the nonprofit sector, government, the commercial sector, and the broader civil society. Contact toll-free at 866-518-3874 or by e-mail at
  • National Committee for Responsible Philanthropy - NCRP promotes philanthropy that serves the public good, is responsive to people and communities with the least wealth and opportunity, and is held accountable to the highest standards of integrity and openness. Contact by phone at 202-387-9177 or by e-mail at
  • National Council of Nonprofits - The National Council of Nonprofits is a membership organization which seeks to help nonprofits achieve greater collective impact in local communities across the country. The group identifies emerging trends and promotes solutions that benefit charitable nonprofits and the communities they serve. Free tools, resources, and samples are available on the website. Contact by phone at 202-962-0322 or by web mail here.

Legal Resources

  • Legal Aid Services of Oregon - A statewide program offering legal services to low income Oregonians. They focus on family law, housing cases, government benefits issues, senior law, consumer issues, and employment problems. The Albany Regional Office serves Linn and Benton Counties. They are located at 433 Fourth Ave. SW, Albany, OR. Contact by phone at 541-926-8678.
  • ACLU of Oregon  - Focuses on civil liberties or civil rights issues. Cases almost always involve the government. Use the suggested contacts list based on the topic. Contact via this form or call at 1-888-527-2258.
  • OSU Sanctuary University - OSU will decline to voluntarily provide information to assist the federal government with deportation enforcement and will exercise these rights as a Sanctuary University. Read the full statement on OSU's role as a sanctuary university.
  • OSU Student Legal Services - Legal services are provided to OSU students through Access the Law and are paid for through Corvallis campus student incidental fees. The range of issues covered include immigration, landlord/tenant disputes, credit issues, criminal charges, and more. Make an appointment by calling 541-737-4165 or at
  • American Immigration Lawyers Association Immigration Lawyer Referral Service - provides referrals to immigration attorneys across the US. Contact at
  • Oregon State Bar Lawyer Referral Service - Initial 30 minute consultation for $35 with a member of the Oregon State Bar. Call at 1-800-452-7636.
  • Civil Liberties Defense Center -The Civil Liberties Defense Center’s mission focuses on defending and upholding civil liberties through education, outreach, litigation, legal support, and assistance. CLDC strives to preserve the strength and vitality of the Bill of Rights and the U.S. and state constitutions, as well as to protect freedom of expression. The Oregon chapter is based in Eugene, however, the group has been active in Corvallis.


  • Corvallis Multicultural Literacy Center - a community-based learning center where individuals and families of all cultures come together to share, mentor, and understand their different cultures, to access resources, and to build a cohesive community in a safe, welcoming environment. Activities include monthly potluck lunches, English language tutoring, and citizenship training. The Center is open Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Check out their calendar for specific event times. Located at 128 SW Ninth St., Corvallis. Contact them at 541-754-7225 or by emailing
  • Causa - Oregon’s Latino immigrant rights organization. Causa works at the state and national levels to advance issues that impact the daily lives of Latino immigrant families. Some of these issues include immigration reform, driver licenses, access to higher education, economic justice, and health equity. Based in Salem, OR. Contact them via their website or at (855) 884-2287.
  • OSU International Scholars and Faculty Program - The Office of International Services (OIS) is the central campus resource for hosting international visitors and/or hiring international employees, advising international scholars & faculty on visa and immigration issues. Contact them at or 541-737-3006.

Emergency Services

  • 9-1-1 -  Reach police, fire or emergency medical assistance from any phone in any location, without having to look up specific phone numbers. Only dial 9-1-1 in a true emergency.
  • Chemical Spills - Call 541-737-7000 or dial 7-7000 from a campus phone.
  • City of Corvallis: Emergency Response Contact Information - This comprehensive resource includes the contact information for government agencies such as local fire and police departments, weather resources, and travel information.
  • Oregon State University Office of Public Safety - Public Safety is dedicated to a safe and secure Oregon State University. Visit the website to enroll in the OSU Alert system and for more in-depth safety and security information.
    • Report an on-campus emergency: 541-737-7000
    • Report a campus non-emergency: 541-737-3010
  • Oregon State University Sexual Assault Awareness - If you or someone you know is a victim of sexual assault contact 911 or the Department of Public Safety. For information on sexual assault prevention and tips for staying alert, please follow the Sexual Assault Awareness link above.
  • Radioactive Material Spill - Call 541-737-2273 or 7-2273 from a campus phone.
  • SafeRide Shuttle Service -  SafeRide is dedicated to providing Oregon State University students a safe ride home or to campus, free from judgment. SafeRide operates throughout the Corvallis and Philomath communities and is open to all OSU students on the Corvallis campus. OSU students can request a ride through the ASOSU SafeRide app (available on Google Play for Android and on iTunes for iPhones.) Those without a smartphone can contact SafeRide at 541-737-5000.

Children & Family Service

Health & Wellness

  • Benton County Health Department - Local government agency working to advance public health. The health department can be contacted by phone at 541-766-6835. The Benton County Health Department office is located at 530 NW 27th Street Corvallis, OR 97330.
  • Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence (CARDV) - CARDV provides services and support to those affected by sexual and domestic violence. Furthermore, CARDV provides education and leadership within the community to change the societal conditions that cultivate these forms of violence. The crisis & support line can be reached at: 541-754-0110 or 800-927-0197. Or contact the CARDV main office at: 541-758-0219
  • Corvallis Healthy Living Expo - This expo is geared towards individuals in Linn and Benton County who are intersted in health, nutrition, sports, and wellness. Admission is free. For more information contact the Corvallis Chamber of Commerce at 541-757-1505
  • Corvallis School District Health and Wellness - Provides health information, guidelines, and policies to parents in the Corvallis School District. Contact district nurses at 541-757-4421 or e-mail at
  • Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center - A Level II trauma centers in Oregon and is the largest hospital in Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties. It offers dozens of medical specialties, including comprehensive cancer care, a full-service cardiology and cardiovascular surgery program, neurosurgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, inpatient mental health and other regional services.
  • Oregon State University Student Health Services - Clinical services are available to OSU students for both routine and urgent care including exams, lab work, X-rays, psychiatric services, medication management, and more. Appointments are encouraged but not required. Contact Student Health Services by phone at 541-737-9355 to schedule an appointment or call 541-737-2724 to get medical advice from the nurse (for OSU students only).
  • Oregon State University Work/Life - OSU's Office of Human Resources offers a list of on-campus and local services pertaining to the health and wellbeing of the university community. Contact by phone 541-737-3103.


Arts & Culture

  • The Arts Center - Nonprofit art gallery which has been the center of Corvallis arts and culture for over 50 years. The Arts Center offers art exhibitions, art classes for children and adults, a gift shop featuring the work of local artists, and additional programming. Contact by e-mail at or by phone at 541-754-1551.
  • Corvallis Arts Walk - The Corvallis Arts Walk is a locally-organized art walk which takes place on the Third Thursday of each month. Participating venues include local galleries, studios, arts/crafts stores and the occasional pop-up in Downtown Corvallis and on OSU's campus. Contact by e-mail at
  • The Majestic Theatre - Built in 1913, The Majestic Theatre is a 300 seat multipurpose performing arts venue located in Downtown Corvallis. The theater has been managed and operated by the Corvallis Parks and Recreation Department since January 1, 2015. Contact the Majestic business office by phone at 541-758-7827 or by e-mail at Contact The Majestic Box Office at 541-738-7469.
  • Oregon Humanities Conversation Project - Brings Oregonians together to talk about important and challenging issues and ideas. Local groups apply to host a Conversation Project program; an Oregon Humanities facilitator comes and leads the conversation. See the calendar of  when and where conversations are taking place. Contact at or call 1-800-735-0543.
  • The Whiteside Theatre - Built in 1922, The Whiteside Theatre is an 800 seat, multipurpose entertainment and events venue. The Whiteside Theatre Foundation is actively renovating the theater and is open to the public for movies, performance events, and rentals.

Science & Environmental Outreach

Social Justice

  • Corvallis Alternatives to War - Alternatives to War supports peaceful dissent from government policies leading to war. Contact Corvallis Alternatives to War via their online form.
  • Corvallis NAACP Branch - A local chapter of The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, which gathers to ensure the political, education, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination. Members meeting is open to all and meets each second Thursday of the month, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Westminster House, 101 NW 23rd St., Corvallis. Contact at 541-829-3023.
  • Corvallis SURJ - A local chapter of Showing Up for Racial Justice, a national network of groups and individuals organizing white people for racial justice. Meets on the third Saturday of the month, 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. at the South Corvallis Co-op meeting room, 1007 SE 3rd St., Corvallis. Everyone is welcome. They maintain an extensive list of current events. Contact at or 541-803-0842.
  • Rural Organizing Project - An Oregon-based, statewide project that works to create communities accountable to a standard of human dignity. Involved with grassroots organizing and works through local member groups. Contact at or call 503-543-8417.


Civic Organizations

  • Career Closet - The Career Closet is a not-for-profit community service that provides high-quality, previously owned, professional clothing to women entering the workforce. Career Closet is located in Corvallis, above Albin’s Plumbing, at 942 NW 9th Street. The closet is open on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
  • City Club of Corvallis - Regular programs are held on the second Tuesday of each month from 12:00 - 1:15 p.m., except in July, August, and December. Meets at the Boys & Girls Club, 1112 NW Circle. Learn more by filling out their contact form.
  • Corvallis-Benton County Public Library Meeting Room Rentals - The Corvallis-Benton County Public Library has three meeting rooms available for use by the public. Reservations may be made in the Library Administration Office or by phone at 541-766-6928.
  • Corvallis Parks and Recreation Community Room Rentals - Rentable spaces are located throughout the city.  Choose from indoor community rooms, swimming pools, banquet spaces, performance stages, and more. Reservations can be made by calling Parks & Recreation's Main Office at 541-766-6918.
  • Corvallis City Council - Find contact information for the mayor and each of the city councilors. The mayor or a city councilor is available most Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Corvallis Benton County Public Library. Council meetings are held the first and third Mondays of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Downtown Fire Station, 400 NW Harrison Blvd., and are open to the public.
  • Corvallis League of Women Voters - A nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. Contact via their online form.
  • Corvallis Parks
  • Benton County Board of Commissioners Office - Oversees the legislative, executive, and quasi-judicial responsibilities of the county. Meetings are open to the public and are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays every month at 12:00 p.m. at 205 NW 5th St., Corvallis. Find individual commissioner contact information or call 541-766-6800.
  • Benton County Democrats - Open to registered Democrat in Benton County. Monthly meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m., at Grace Lutheran Church, 435 NW 21st St. Contact at 541-752-4848.
  • Benton County Republicans - See their calendar of events for upcoming meetings. Contact them for more information at
  • Linn / Benton Pacific Green Party - Local chapter of the Pacific Green Party. Contact via e-mail at or via Facebook by clicking on the above link.
  • Benton County Libertarians and Libertarians at OSU - Local chapters of the Libertarian party. Contact via their Facebook pages at the above links.
  • Benton County Fairgrounds Meeting and Event Space Rentals - To support the community, Benton County Fairgrounds offers a 20% discount on rentals to non-profits that provide a copy of their 501 (c) IRS letter. The above link leads to the Rental Fee Adjustment form for non-profits. For additional information on fairground facility rentals call the Administration and Facilities Rental department at 541-766-6088.
  • The Arts Center Building Rentals - The Art Center's main gallery and basement level are available for event rental (note: the B level is accessible only by stairs). For more information on building rentals call the Arts Center at 541-754-1551 or e-mail
  • City of Corvallis Sports Fields & Park Shelter Rentals - The City of Corvallis baseball, soccer, and softball fields as well as the sand volleyball court, disc golf course, horseshoes courts, and park shelters are all available for community members to rent. All fields are available for rent from April through October, depending on field conditions. For additional information please call the Corvallis Parks & Recreation’s Main Office at (541) 766-6918.