Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Begin your search in the OSU Libraries (OSUL) catalog
Experiment with the OSU Libraries Catalog; here are some hints:
- The call numbers on your text books may be useful as these locate the book both on the shelf but also in the context of the subject classification scheme used by most larger libraries. For example here are links to the call numbers surrounding your three text books :
(QH is a biology, classification, SD is a forestry classification, and QK is a botany classification)
- Search by keyword.
- Use quotation marks around phrases. Ex: "tropical forests"
- Simple keyword search results are in relevancy order (not by date or alphabetical order) but if you use "" the order will be by date.
Finding Books with 1Search
1Search lists the books and other materials owned by OSU Libraries, including the Valley Library in Corvallis, the Guin Library in Newport, and the Cascades collection in Bend.
- Log in to 1Search.
- Use "quotation marks" around the title for a more precise search.
- Click the title of the book
- Click on the Request OSU's Copy link. This option is only available if you're logged in.
- For Pickup Location, choose Personal Delivery - Home Address
- Click Request
- It will take about 5-7 days for the book to arrive. Please use the enclosed shipping label to return the book to the OSU Libraries by the given due date.
Borrowing Books from Regional Libraries (Summit)
You can search for books in the Summit system, which consists of 37 academic libraries in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. As an Ecampus student, you can have them shipped to you.
- Search for the title of the book you want in 1Search. Use the OSU Libraries + Summit scope.
- Refine your results using the menu on the right so the Resource Type is Print Books.
- Click on the title of the book. If the item is available through Summit, there will be a Place Summit Request link under Get It.
- Click on Place Summit Request.
- Under Pickup/Delivery location choose Home Address
- Click Request
- The loan period for Summit items is 6 weeks, no renewals.
If you live in Oregon or Washington, you can use your OSU ID to use another Summit Library. Bring your OSU ID and a photo ID.
PLEASE RETAIN YOUR FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER