- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
Library Assessment Report 2013-2014
Rick Stoddart - Assessment Librarian
On behalf of:
The report covers July 2013-June 2014
Statistics reported are from FY13 ACRL Survey
The OSU Libraries and Press
In 2013-2014, The OSU Libraries and Press served 21,084 full-time students and 945 instructional faculty[i] with library resources, research collections, and learning spaces. The OSU Libraries holds 4,895,497 titles including 67,752 eBooks[ii], over 1,100 archival collections, and provides access to over 360 research online databases
In 2013-2014, the Valley Library had an FY13 gate count of 1,318,357 and circulated 178,957 items[iii]. The library had 23,282 reference questions and held 473 instruction sessions and workshops for over 9,983 students, faculty, and staff. Library research databases saw 2,545,933 searches and delivered 2,039,697 full-text article requests to patrons[iv].
The OSU Press published 19 books and held 130 author events in 2013-14.
The Oregon State University Libraries and Press (OSULP) consists of:
· The Valley Library on the main OSU campus
· The Marilyn Potts Guin Library at the OSU Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, Oregon.
· The OSU Cascades Library as part of the shared Central Oregon Community College campus in Bend, Oregon
The OSU Libraries and Press is made up of these departments:
· Library Administration Management & Planning (LAMP)
· Center for Digital Scholarship and Services (CDSS)
· Teaching and Engagement Department (TED)
· Emerging Technologies and Services (ETS)
· Collection and Resource Sharing Department (CRSD)
· Special Collections and Archives Research Center (SCARC)