About this guide
This web site is designed to help guide you through the research process. We cover many different topics, such as how to find articles, coming up with good keywords, and citing your sources. You can navigate through the guide in any order.
If you have a specific question about doing research, such as how to locate the full text of the article, you can go directly to that part of the guide (in this case, under finding articles).
Each module has a brief explanation about a specific part of the research process. Most of the modules under each tab have a link in them called <Learn More>. This link will take you to a more in depth tutorial or guide on the topic. At the end of the tutorial, click on the Return to Tutorial link to return to this home page.
Most of the questions you will have about your research process will come up as you are actually doing research. There are many ways you can get help with your research questions:
- Stop by the Ask Here Desk in the Valley Library (2nd floor)
- Use the Ask a Librarian chat button to ask a question via instant message
- Phone (541-737-7293) the Ask Here desk
- Email us. Use the form or email directly to email@example.com
Text your message to 66746.
The first time you text, start with the word BEAVS.
Example: BEAVS what time does the library close?
- Make an appointment with a subject specialist (click link to identify your subject librarian)