- Borrow & Request
- Meet & Study Here
- Tech & Print
NOTE: These instructions are for theses and research papers only. To submit posters or presentations use the instructions found in
"Deposit Your Poster/Presentation"
All thesis submissions must be in PDF format.
Adobe Acrobat Pro is the preferred software for making PDF documents. The software is available in Milne Computing Center.
1. Name your PDF file using this format:
LastnameFirstnameMiddleinitialGraduationyear.pdf (e.g., SmithEmilyA2009.pdf)
1. Go to ir.library.oregonstate.edu.
2. Click Login and enter your ONID name (e.g., smithem) and password.
3. Click Submissions and Tasks on the right side of the page.
4. Click Start a New Submission.
5. Choose the collection to which you would like to deposit:
1. Multiple titles: Does your thesis have multiple titles? This rarely happens. Leave the box unchecked.
2. Published: Check this box even though your thesis hasn’t been officially published. Checking the box will allow you to add a date to your thesis later in the submission process. Click Next.
3. Student: Enter your last name in the first box (e.g., Smith). Enter your first name and middle initial (with a period) in the second box (e.g., Emily A.)
4. Title: Enter the title of your thesis.
5. Advisor: Enter your advisor’s last name, first name and middle initial.
6. Project or Paper Date: Enter the year, month and day listed on your thesis. This is usually the date .
7. Abstract: Copy and paste the abstract from your PDF file. Don’t worry about proper formatting for diacritics, mathematics symbols, etc. Library staff will format these before uploading your thesis or dissertation.
8. Description: Use for any additional information that might be beneficial to the reader. Usually left blank.
9. Sponsor: Enter the names of any sponsors and/or funding codes. Click Next.
10. Degree Name: The name of your degree.
11. Degree Level: Bachelor’s
12. College/Department: Click the name of the college or department.
13. Type: Click Thesis.
14. Language: Choose the language of the main content of the thesis (e.g., English (United States)).
15. Keywords: Enter one keyword or phrase per box. Click Add to enter additional keywords.
16. Digitization Specifications: Skip. Library Use Only.
17. Click Next.
1. Document File: Click Browse. Locate your PDF file and Open.
2. File Description: Enter Thesis. If you have another file click Upload file & add another.
3. Click on file name(s) to verify that the correct file(s) is (are) uploaded. Click Next.
4. Review your submission. Correct any mistakes by using the Correct one of these buttons. Once everything is correct, click Next at the bottom of the page.
1. Creative Commons License: You may add a Creative Commons license to your item, which allows your work to be shared and re-used. Click the “Creative Commons” link for more information about Creative Commons Licenses. DO NOT assign a Creative Commons license if you plan to place an embargo on your thesis.
2. Select either “License Type: Creative Commons” or “License Type: No Creative Commons License.” DO NOT select “CC0.”
a. If you select “License Type: Creative Commons” answer the two questions.
b. ScholarsArchive@OSU will automatically assign the correct Creative Commons license.
3. Click Next.
4. Read the Distribution License, check I Grant the License and click Next.
5. Click Complete submission.
1. Look under My Account on the right hand side of page. Click Logout.
Your submission is now complete. You should receive an email within a few days containing the permanent url to your thesis or research paper.
If you need your research restricted to the OSU community, please review the instructions under the Embargoes tab on this web guide.
Contact Steve VanTuyl (email@example.com; 541-737-3492) at OSU Libraries.
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis OR 97331–4501