Additional Places to Get Help
Most of the questions you will have about your research process will come up as you are actually doing research. There are many ways you can get help with your research questions:
- Use the Ask a Librarian chat button to ask a question via instant message
- Phone (541-737-7293) the Ask Here desk
- Email us. Use the form or email directly to email@example.com
Text your message to 66746.
The first time you text, start with the word BEAVS.
Example: BEAVS what time does the library close?
- Make an appointment with a subject specialist (click link to identify your subject librarian)
If you have questions about library services for Ecampus and remote users or need help getting started using the library, please contact:
If I am not available, please let me now when the best time is to reach you. See the Additional Places to Get Help on this page for other options.
Ecampus Webinars are designed to introduce you to the library and the resources and services we offer. The webinars were recorded last quarter. You can view the different webinars at your convenience. They are generally 60 minutes and cover a variety of topics.
It's your library, too! The OSU Libraries is here to help you with your research. We offer research assistance, access to online journals, document and book delivery services, and much more. Just because you are not in Corvallis does not mean you can't use the library.
This web site has a lot of information on it about what we have and how you can get access. Feel free to look around and get to know the library a little. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us. That's why we are here.
Interlibrary Loan/Scan and Deliver for Ecampus
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)/Scan and Deliver is a service provided by the library to get you the journal articles you need for your research.
Here's how it works:
- If there is a journal article you need and it's not available online, we will make an electronic copy and send it to you.
- If we don't have the journal here at OSU, we'll get a copy for you from another library.
The turn around time is as fast as 2-3 days but we cannot guarantee this. It may take longer so a make sure you request early.
Set up your Interlibrary Loan/Scan and Deliver account at http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/ill/.
What you need to use the Library
If you are off-campus, you will need the following information to access the library:
- Your ONID user name and password (same one that you use for Blackboard)
- Your OSU ID number (starts with a 93 or 82)
If you come to campus, please bring your OSU ID and a picture ID with you.